Bob Conzemius' 2001 Chase Page
2001 Chase Accounts and Pictures (updated October 13, 2001):
- February 24: squall line.
- March 11: small supercells after dark.
- March 23: marginally severe storms after dark.
- April 6 squall line with embedded meso near Vici, OK.
- April 8: quiescent death of the convective boundary layer.
- April 10: big Texas bust.
- April 14: death of a TX/OK supercell.
- April 21: Texas marginal thunderstorms.
- (The season has been really frustrating so far...)
- May 6: Marietta tornado (now we're finally getting somewhere)!
- May 20: eastern Oklahoma supercells (CoreFest! 2001).
- May 26: Texas Panhandle supercells.
- May 27: a Kansas haboob.
- May 28: bust in New Mexico.
- May 29: Kress-Silverton-Turkey supercell!
- May 30: Wichita Falls supercell.
- June 3: bust in eastern Colorado.
- June 4: dying storm in southern Kansas.
- June 5: southern Kansas (weakly) tornadic supercell.
- June 13: Munden-Narka, KS tornado.
- July 16: Clear air bust in west-central MN (storms developed after dark on our way home).
- July 18: Storms (previously tornadic) died as we reached them southwest of Grand Forks, ND.
- September 8: Severe storms in north TX (I felt out of phase with the storms).
- October 12: Tornadic storm hits Decatur, TX.
Back to Storm Chases | Home